Thursday, September 24, 2009

Where are we now on this journey????

Today is CD (cycle day) 4 which means AF (aunt flo) is on her way out for this month.

Many women wonder, "what day is cycle day 1 of my cycle?" Many women experience a day or two of spotting before they actually begin their period. A great way to tell if this is spotting or your actual period is to note the color of the fluid. If it's more on the brown side and extremely light, its spotting. If it is full red flow, that is your period. Congratulations! Remember that spotting is not your period and should not be noted as the first day of your cycle. For those of you charting your cycles, is very imporant to know the difference between the two. If you note this incorrectly it can throw off our entire chart. I will explain charting later on in this post for those who are interested.

First Response has developed a new test that seemed to be calling my name every single time I went into Walgreens which comes in this pretty pink and green box.

So I was lured in by that wonderful question at the top of the test....see it? "Are you able to get pregnant?" If I can pay a cool $25 to find out if I am able to get pregnant and skip the fertility doctors then hell yea! I'll POAS to find out. This test looks stikingly similar to a traditional two line pregnancy test and the results come out the same way, but the way the results are read are very different.



So just a few tidbits on the test.

  • Test with your first morning urine AKA FMU

  • You must test on the third day of your menstral period

  • It takes at least 30 minutes for your results to show up

  • MOST IMPORTANT -> the test only measures FSH which is a hormone that the female body excretes that helps to determine your ovarian reserve
I have posted the link to the information that is actually contained in the box. This gives you a more complete idea of how it works.... http://www.firstresponse.com/fertilityTestInsert.asp

From my own personal experience...it was just as easy as using a pregnancy test and put my mind at ease..for now at least.

My results were good...It showed a normal level of FSH which is an indicator of normal ovarian reserve and good quality! Yea!!!!! That means my eggs are as good as when they come outta the chickies hatch!



Here's a pic of it...

If you notice the test only has one noticeable line which is a good thing! As long as you have one line or two lines where the left one is much much lighter than the right one you are are good to go. I would definitely recommend taking the test BUT don't rest your entire fertility on the outcome of just one test. There are many factors attributed to fertility and this test considers just one factor.



No comments:

Post a Comment