Saturday, October 24, 2009

Appointments and Lavatory Visits


I saw this pic and man let me tell you...it's God's honest truth! We are currently in our 5th week and while last week I was in shock and on a pregnancy high....this week I have been snapped back into reality and am experiences all the little joys of trying to grow a lima bean into a human being.

I had my first appointment with my family doctor on October 19th so that they could confirm the pregnancy. Since we all know insurance won't pay unless they have some concrete proof. So I POAS again and not even 30 seconds later two lines...again. So the nurse puts my pretty little test in a nice baggie marked Specimen/Biohazard and give me about 5 hugs in the span of 10 minutes. I thought maybe she was my mom and I had missed something. So I proceed to meet with the doctor who advises me of my due date, what I can and can not eat, what I can and can not do and refers me to a an OB. Our official first OB appointment is November 2nd which was are psyched about. I hope we can hear the little one's heartbeat although it may be too early at the end of 6 weeks.

Now the cartoon above is the honest truth. I have never in my life felt so vomitous. (<-new word here). The morning sickness hit me like a freight truck and while I can deal with some stuff...this is an entirely new beast that I was NOT ready for. Nothing really helps....saltines, salty soup, dry cereal, applesauce (although it looks like what I am trying to keep down), crystallized ginger, ginger candy, Preggie Pop Drops...all temporary fixes. The doctor says its completely normal and would not give me Phenegran or Zofran for it. If I have to rip someones head off to get some meds I will do it! Anyone who has been pregnant knows that morning sickness will knock you on your behind. "Its a good sign," Dr. N. says..."the hormones are increasing as they should....Maybe its twins!!!" At this point I was ready to barf on her pretty white coat and tell her I'll take the twins...the morning sickness she can have.

The hubby has been really cute. He is pushing hard for a little boy although the date between the spermie and the eggie decided that 5 weeks ago. My gut instinct tell me that it must be a boy....only hard headed little boys can cause this much morning sickness right? My mom and MIL are convinced it's a girl which would be good too. Poor baby won't have any aunts...just uncles.

Its getting harder and harder to keep the secret especially since my principal saw me almost hurl chunks in the bathroom. I just told her my IBS was acting up....However I don't think she brought it because she gave me the Congratulations! I know you are pregnant even if you haven't told me yet Look. For some reasons mothers can since when another woman is pregnant.

So I had this wonderful Saturday planned but my stomach feels like a roller coaster that is stuck going back and forth on the longest drop on the track. Looks like today is another day of confinement and whining. And yes I am allowed to whine....so there!

No comments:

Post a Comment